- Install Windows Subsystem for Linux and the VcXsrv X11 server.
- Install the following programs
- gnuplot - a plotting program
- ImageMagick - a software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images
Open a WSL terminal and run:
sudo apt update sudo apt install gnuplot imagemagick
Installing common GUI tools
- GIMP: an open-source program similar to Adobe Photoshop
- Inkscape: an open-source SVG vector graphics editor
- Sublime Text
- Visualization software: Schrodinger, Jmol, and VMD
Setting up ssh-agent
- Generate a key pair following the first bullet point under SSH-Agent , then skip to the last bullet point, and install weasel-pageant.
- Open a WSL terminal and follow “On Ubuntu or Debian” in GPG-Agent.
- Install the Windows version of GPG-agent following “On Windows”.
- Add the lines under “Useful common settings”.